Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Running Out Of Ideas Pt. 5: My Take On Zombies

Hello Everyone, just to let you know, the reason I doing this post is as a set-up for the next one where I consider a different alternative for the reality of the apocalypse. The thing about zombies is that there's so many different version of them that's it's hard to make sweeping statements which is often why I refer to series I know like The Walking Dead and books I've read that actually explain the zombies in them. So coming up with a set of zombies to use is a difficult one. So that's why I'm planning on doing my own take on zombies. So I'm still keeping the essentials of zombies, like the reanimated corpse, its needs to consume humanity, and its virus origin. So why would a reanimated corpse have a craving for human flesh? Well you can assume a lot of things, but what i'm going to go with is something slightly different than zombies, how about its not a virus, but instead a parasite that takes over the host's brain killing them in the process when they then gain control of the body and it's brain and proceed to control it. All the while replicating itself so that when it bites another, the offspring spread. Since i'm rewriting everything here, lets say this, the adolescent form of the parasite spreads anywhere it can especially around the teeth and fingers. This parasite in its adult form, feeds of the human brain then acts as extra nerve cells and gains control of the hosts body as well as it can, thus the shambling, but how to explain the brain being the necessary organ? Lets take a page out of the Xenomorphs and say that when a parasite grown for a certain amount of time it becomes smarter than the rest, and becomes the final step of zombie-fication. But what about the original cells? Well, lets just assume in this version the human cells are supported by the patchwork system of the zombie parasites, until both the lungs or the heart stop functioning and can't be fixed by being clogged by parasites, then the cells will start to die off. I could get more in depth on other cells of the bodies if I'm requested to but with my take out of the way I can now consider a different outcome of the apocalypse.
   That's all for now...
   Table Flips Me

No comments:

Post a Comment