Friday, January 16, 2015

Running Out of Ideas Pt. 6: The Reality Of The Apocalypse Redux

Happy New Year Everyone! I do have some plans for the blog this year, but I figured I'd start out with correcting what I have said before. In case you haven't read the post I'm referring to, please check out "The Reality Of The Apocalypse" then come back here. In he post listed, I wrote off the zombie apocalypse as a series of  approximately year-long periodical outbreaks if zombies still broke down like human corpses, but I never considered what the apocalypse would be likeif there was something keeping the undead preserved. Say if it was the case that a zombie had the average human life span if it wasn't ever shot or constantly rubbing up against other objects, then the apocalypse would potentially last 70 years after all of human has either been turned or are in a place where no zombie can detect them (I'm going as crazy a I want here, the place just has to be hidden from all five senses and has to be self-sufficient) The reason I say 70  years is because I'm just going to assume that one zombie in the world will be stuck somewhere and have stopped trying to move. But before I go any further, I need to set down some sort of ground work for what characteristics a zombie has or else you'll be reading this all day.
 
So, if you read my last post, then you'll know what I mean when I say that they aren't technically zombies because they don't transmit a virus, instead they transmit a parasite that has adults that act as extra nerve cells, offspring that spread the infection via tooth an nail of the host, and the fully grown parasite that acts as the zombie brain. If is was a scenario like this where my zombie's were the ones invading the world, then if there was no mutations or evolutions as it makes its way around the world, then the apocalypse would only last as long as the hosts, if the parasites can live outside their hosts, which they should if you consider the fact that their host wouldn't offer protection after a while.  So with a still decaying body, the apocalypse would stop being zombies after a few weeks and instead become walking strands and piles of parasites wrapped around bones. So it would become some sort of evolved version of a skeleton. Then, when the bones decay, the parasite would be a pile of strung together parasites, struggling to make it's way towards a human. I feel like that may be potentially worse than the zombie animal apocalypse. But then again, zombie bugs, that would be horrible.
   That's All For Now...
   ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\

No comments:

Post a Comment